Thursday, September 29, 2016

KICKED by Sebastian, age 8



























Kicked

Little dots of brown water fly through the air.
One of the soccer ball’s pentagon-shaped patches 
is missing. 
The kids run on mud and a little bit of grass.
They stand in a line
for a second. 
The goal post’s thick dark red-brown 
wood waits for the ball.   
The gray sky makes it look like they are playing in a cave.
I can hear splashing water and wind.   
The ball is drifting through the air. 
The mud splatters on the ground.
The grass sways around the goal post.
The heat waves the air.
I am afraid of getting hit by the ball and slipping. 
I am thankful because I am not there to hit my head.
I wonder where that place is.
What if a bear came and no one was there but the kids?


HERE IS THE SAME PIECE AS A GRAPHIC POEM!









No comments:

Post a Comment